The following psychological terms can be used to describe what happens in friendships.
1. Triangles – This is where 2 people strengthen the bond between them, or lessen insecurity and anxiety, by sharing complaints about a friend.
2. Emotional contagion - This is where we pick up the mood of those we are hanging out with. Thus, if they are feeling angry and negative, then we start to feel the same way, too.
3. The exposure effect - This is where people who spend time together find they start to like the same sorts of things (music, food, movies, clothes etc). They also rate each other more highly in terms of how nice or attractive the other person is.
4. The fundamental attribution error - This is where we overestimate the role of character traits and personality factors when someone we know does something wrong or stupid… But we overestimate the role of circumstances when it is us who has done something wrong or stupid!
5. Situation evocation - This refers to the fact that if we act is certain ways, people will respond or react in the same way, which then sets a cycle of “more of the same” in motion. For example, if I joke around, others will start being funny too, and then I’ll reply with something else light hearted and fun… and so on.
Wallace D. Wattles (via dianelaura)
Lindsi Dec in Kent Stowell’s The Nutcracker.
Photo © Angela Sterling.
Fernando de Noronha - Pernambuco (by Alex Uchoa)
Praia da Joaquina - Florianópolis, Santa Catarina
São Sebastião - São Paulo (by Guilherme Tosetto)
Taybert in London - Breaking dawn Part 2 Promo
I haven’t seen the last one yet. :D
Welcome to Toronto.
This is a regular occurrence.
I fucking love this city.
Where ema skye can social justice in dundas square.
Just another day on the TTC.
This is pretty fucking normal, I frequently see Spiderman.
That’s it. I’m moving to Toronto.
No one in the background even cares omg.
Got a pic with both Spiderman and Batman. Spiderman is carrying me hahaha.